Men’s Designer Bathrobes – a style guide from UnderU.com
/ October 21st, 2014 / There are currently 0 comments
A bathrobe makes for a great gift for any man, and UnderU.com stocks a good range of men’s bathrobes from a list of top designer brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Emporio Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Gant and Ted Baker.
The bathrobe has origins from 18th century Japan, and is often made from an absorbent textile so can be perfect to act as a towel, as well as something cosy and warm to relax in during those long wintry nights. Read more about the men’s bathrobe here, but for now here is a quick guide to some of the different styles of men’s bathrobe available:
- Shawl collar – the collar closes around the neck just like a shawl, and is often a very warm and cosy bathrobe.
- Hooded – simply, the bathrobe with a hood!! Helps to get wet hair dry.
- Kimono – the traditional Japanese bathrobe, is without collar and often worn during summer months as well as winter.
- Flannel – soft, woven fabric, often cotton or wool, which is loosely spun.
- Terry – terry bathrobes are made from a pile fabric, usually cotton, with uncut loops on either side. The loops give extra absorbency to the fabric.
- Velour – similar to terry fabric, but more luxurious and softer to the feel.
- Waffle – this bathrobe fabric had excellent water absorbency, and has a “gridlike” appearance due to it being loosely spun. Lightweight fabric.
A quick overview of the latest (AW14/15) collection of men’s bathrobes available from UnderU.com is below:
Comments are closed here.